St Louis mold damage - Toxic mold in the home
St Louis Toxic Mold Basics
There has been a lot of press about toxic mold in the home and its possible effects on your health. While it’s true that high concentrations of mold inside your house can breed pathogens that contaminate your indoor air quality, a small amount of mold in your home is not generally harmful to your health.
What Is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that spreads through airborne spores that you can’t see. It grows in warm, damp places when it can, but the spores will live for a long time in dry places. For mold damage /or/ mold damage St Louis, the airborne spores also need to be cleaned along with the mold growth.
Mold is found everywhere, and it would be impossible to completely eliminate it from any building. The danger to health occurs when there is a high concentration of mold that has been growing for weeks or months. This may be caused by a disaster such as flooding or it may occur because of a small leak in a pipe that constantly keeps a section of wall, floor or ceiling damp. Indoor plants may be a source for mold spores.
Where Does Mold Grow?
Mold can grow almost anywhere as long as the environment is damp and humid and there is very little ventilation. It is most commonly found in bathrooms, kitchens, basements and around leaks in roofs, windows, water heaters and air conditioners. It can grow on paper, wood, carpet, upholstery, drywall, wallpaper and ceiling tiles as well as under paint and in building insulation. Mold spores can cling to clothing and pets as well as be circulated throughout the building by the heating and air conditioning systems.